Encouragement contentious season

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
This was received in an email from a pastor I follow - I thought I'd share here as his words really resonated with me.

A very contentious election season is over in this country, although the outcome of the Presidential election is yet to be determined. Amidst this turmoil, I am again reminded that the King of the kingdom of God is never up for election or re-election, nor need be. Psalm 2 has increasingly become a helpful and encouraging passage amidst the chaos of our world. In response to the posturing and opposition to the kingdom of God by nations and leaders, our Father asserts, "I have installed my King upon Zion, My holy mountain." (Psalm 2:6) How we long for the day when that King fully exerts His God-given authority upon the earth!

While the campaign season has ended in this land, our campaign work continues. We are surrounded by many people who are not citizens of the kingdom of God through Christ, and if they are to become citizens it will be through the word and witness of those who are.

Reactions: deebibliophile