Article Christians Do Not Go to Heaven

Christians Do Not Go to Heaven

Summary:

Jesus Will Return to the Earth

Mostly quoted from the New English Translation

John 14:3 ……… I will come back and receive you to myself (LEB).

Acts 1:11 … will come back in the same way you saw him go into heaven.

Acts 3:20-21 … so that he may send the Messiah appointed for you—Jesus… This one heaven must receive until the time all things are restored.

Ps. 110:1 … Sit down at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool.

1 Thess. 1:10 ……………… to wait for his Son from heaven.

1 Thess. 4:16 ……… the Lord himself will come down from heaven.

Phil. 3:20 … Our citizenship is in heaven—and we also eagerly await a savior from there.

Matt. 16:27 ……… the Son of Man will come with his angels.

2 Thess. 1:10 …… when he comes to be glorified among his saints.

Matt. 24:30 … They will see the Son of Man arriving on the clouds of heaven (also Mark 13:26; Luke 21:27).

Rev. 1:7 ……… He is returning with the clouds and everyone will see him.

Luke 12:45 ……… ‘My master is delayed in returning.’

Luke 19:13 ……… ‘Do business with these until I come back.

Rev. 22:20 … “Yes, I am coming quickly!” Amen! Come, Lord Jesus! (DLNT).

THE PROMISED MESSIAH WILL REIGN ON EARTH

Ezek. 37:24-25 … My servant David (as a picture of Messiah) will be king over them; there will be one shepherd for all of them…25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, in which your fathers lived; they will live in it—they and their children and their grandchildren forever. David my servant will be prince over them forever.

Jer. 30:21 … One of their own people will be their leader. Their ruler will come from their own number.

Mic. 5:4 ... He will assume his post and shepherd the people by the Lord’s strength, by the sovereign authority of the Lord his God. They will live securely, for at that time he will be honored even in the distant regions of the earth.

REWARDS WHEN JESUS APPEARS

Col. 3:4 … When Christ (who is your life) appears, then you too will be revealed in glory with him.

1 Pet. 5:4 … when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that never fades away.

1 Pet. 1:13 … set your hope completely on the grace that will be brought to you when Jesus Christ is revealed.

———  ———​

Summary:

The One Hope Is Living on a paradise Earth

(Eph. 4:4)

There are not two classes of Christians with different destinies (Rom. 2:11; 1 John 5:2). There is no mention in the Bible of Christians as going to heaven by Jesus or any of his disciples. The only two texts, but misunderstood, on this subject are 2 Cor. 5:1-9 and Philippians 1:21-24, neither of which mention ‘heaven’ or its concept.

THE CHRISTIAN HOPE:

Acts 26:6 … I am on trial because of my hope in the promise made by God to our ancestors.

Acts 28:20 … I am bound with this chain because of the hope of Israel.

WHAT WERE THE PROMISES TO THE FATHERS?:

Gen. 12:3 … all the families of the earth may receive blessing through you (Abraham).

Gen. 13:15 … I will give all the land…to you and your descendants forever.

Gen. 17:8 … I will give the whole land of Canaan…to you and your descend-ants after you as a permanent possession.

Gen. 26:3-4 … I will give all these lands to you (Isaac) and to your descend-ants…All the nations of the earth will pronounce blessings on one another.

Rom. 4:13 … the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would inherit the world.

Rom. 4:16 … to those who have the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all.

Gal. 3:16, 18 … Now the promises were spoken to Abraham and his descend-ant…God graciously gave it to Abraham through the promise.

Heb. 11:10 … he (Abraham) was looking forward to the city with firm foundations whose architect and builder is God.

THE PROMISES TO THE ANCESTORS - CONFIRMED AS THE CHRISTIAN HOPE

Rom. 15:8 … Christ…to confirm the promises made to the fathers.

Acts 13:32 we proclaim…the good news about the promise to our ancestors.

THE FATHER’S DID NOT RECEIVE THE PROMISES

Heb. 11:13 … These all died (inc. Abraham vs 8) in faith without receiving the things promised.

Acts 7:5a …He did not give any of it to him (Abraham) for an inheritance, not even a foot of ground.

Acts 7:5b … yet God promised to give it to him as his possession, and to his descendants after him.

MANKIND WAS MEANT FOR THE EARTH

Ps. 115:16 … The heavens belong to the Lord, but the earth he has given to mankind.

Jer. 27:5 … I made the earth and the people and animals on it by my mighty power and great strength, and I give it to whomever I see fit.

Prov. 11:31 … If the righteous are recompensed on earth.

Heb. 2:5 … it was not to angels that God subjected the habitable world of the future, of which we are speaking (AMPC).

Ps. 37:9 …Wicked men will be wiped out, but those who rely on the Lord are the ones who will possess the land.

THEREFORE, CHRISTIANS WILL RULE ON EARTH

Rev. 5:10 … a kingdom and priests…and they will reign on the earth.

Dan. 7:27 …Then the kingdom, authority, and greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be delivered to the people of the holy one.

Matt. 5:3 … Blessed are the poor in spirit, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to them.

Matt. 5:5 … Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Rev. 20:9 ……on the broad plain of the earth and encircled the camp of the saints and the beloved city.

———  ———​

Summary:

God’s Future Kingdom/Paradise

THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN = THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Matt. 19:23-24 … it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven…it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.

Matt. 19:14do not try to stop them (the children), for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

Mark 10:14 … do not try to stop them (the children), for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.

THE KINGDOM OF GOD WILL BE PHYSICAL PARADISE ON EARTH

The default meaning of “paradise” is the Garden of Eden (see LXX).

Luke 23:42, 43 … remember me when you come into your kingdom! He [Jesus] said to him…truly I say to you today, you will be with me in paradise.

Matt. 8:11 … I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Luke 13:28-29 … when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out. And people will come from east and west, and from north and south, and recline at table in the kingdom of God

Mark 14:25 … I will never again drink of the fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new in the kingdom of God”

Acts 14:22 …We must enter the kingdom of God through many persecutions.

———  ———

Reactions: Neil

Neil

Bible Challenge
Oct 3, 2020
Canada
Great list Ray, thanks for sharing.
Yes, we can be absolutely certain he knows how to give us life we love.

Ps. 37:4
Delight yourself in the LORD; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Ps.145:16
You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing.

Phil.4:19
And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
All humans have a human spirit, the breath of life. Job 32:8 This spirit is the real you, it is the treasure stored in an Earthen vessel. At death you, your spirit, goes back to God. When anyone dies they go to heaven, our Father who art heaven. This spirit is dormant, asleep, totally inactive. The body or Earthen vessel turns back to dust. Your spirit is waiting for a resurrection, either first or second to be determined by the Father.