General Can you serve God and the Military?

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020

Hi,
Thank you for sharing the video. I think it was the one thing that the Watchtower got right, not joining the military. But like the few Bible examples the video brought out, if someone is in the military when they find Christ I am less clear on that but it is not for me to judge, depending on their job in the military the conscience might allow it and I would not be stumbled. The military aspect seems clearer to me than voting. What is your understanding of Christians voting?
Thank you, I always like to get others perspectives on things.

benadam1974

Nov 15, 2020
Hi,
Thank you for sharing the video. I think it was the one thing that the Watchtower got right, not joining the military. But like the few Bible examples the video brought out, if someone is in the military when they find Christ I am less clear on that but it is not for me to judge, depending on their job in the military the conscience might allow it and I would not be stumbled. The military aspect seems clearer to me than voting. What is your understanding of Christians voting?
Thank you, I always like to get others perspectives on things.
Hope this helps: The Abortion, Pro-Life vote. – Christ Enemy Love
Thanks for watching.

Reactions: Lori Jane

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
You can't abort/murder your unborn child.

You can't sleep with your neighbor's wife.

You can't covet your co-worker's brand new truck.

☝ Biblical, because if one does such things, then they will be committing sin.

-------------

You can't serve in the military.

You can't vote.

You can't watch or read about the news, politics, etc.

☝ Smells like legalism.

• Wow
Reactions: benadam1974

benadam1974

Nov 15, 2020
You can't abort/murder your unborn child.

You can't sleep with your neighbor's wife.

You can't covet your co-worker's brand new truck.

☝ Biblical, because if one does such things, then they will be committing sin.

-------------

You can't serve in the military.

You can't vote.

You can't watch or read about the news, politics, etc.

☝ Smells like legalism.
And I smell a straw man bro 🤔

benadam1974

Nov 15, 2020
Concerning the straw man per my post, where he at yo? You are not suggesting that serving in the military, voting or reading about the news/politics etc., is sinning, are you?
Harming, let alone killing the enemy is not very loving methinks.
We have extensively written and done videos on these matters.
If you're interested please visit christenemylove.com
Thanks for watching/reading.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
Harming, let alone killing the enemy is not very loving methinks.
We have extensively written and done videos on these matters.
If you're interested please visit christenemylove.com
Thanks for watching/reading.
You are siding with Raphael Warnock. I refuse to call him a Pastor or the Reverend because he is a false teacher. This cat preaches that abortion/murder on demand, all the way up to the day of birth and after a child is just born, is acceptable. You know full well that Paul warned about dudes like this in Acts 20:28-31.

It is judgmental to declare that one cannot serve God & the military. Should Israel's military lay down their weapons? An accurate estimate exists that Israel would be wiped off the planet within minutes to hours if they did that. It also isn't out of the reaIm of possiblities that China would make landfall, quite quickly, if we here Mericans had the military deactivated. I don't wanna hear, something to the effect that- Well, those are Govt functions, as in unbelievers functions, let them do the dirty work to protect us so that we can continue to run our mouths.

There are Christian Monotarians who work within the Govt. You are chatting with one right now.

The Roman Centurion in Matt 8, who was under Govt/Military authority, who had command of soldiers under him, and who ordered his soldiers to perform their duties, that Gentile military man, aka Christian Monotarian, had more faith than in all of Israel.

This American Veteran, who was under Govt/Military authority, who had some command of soldiers under him, and who ordered those soldiers to perform their duties, this Gentile military man, aka Christian Monotarian, has faith.

It would be wise for you to reconsider your position that one cannot serve God & the military. However, you don't have to. You are entitled to your opinion, of course. I believe that you have free will.

Since Jesus believed that a Gentile soldier, who had the command of other soldiers, had greater faith than any Jew or any person in all of Israel, then why do you side w/ those who claim that a soldier today cannot have that same faith?

I don't need to look elsewhere in the NT or to the writings of others in later centuries to know why. That Centurion had greater faith than anyone else in Jesus's day. That military man had eternal life while commanding other soldiers. Judge not the military man or woman who puts their lives on the line, voluntarily, so that you and others can sleep soundly at night.

• Sad
Reactions: benadam1974