Brandy- Stephen Lett's niece video and channel

London

Bible Challenge
Oct 13, 2020
Hello all! Brandy was interviewed by Lloyd Evans and posted a video about her brother. She just started a channel this week. Here are her two videos so far. Just a few days after her interview and posting her own video an elder she does not know tracked her down and called her. She has not been attending meetings since 2019. I watched the interview with Lloyd and these 2 videos.

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
I watched this TED talk today and found it to be something for everyone to think on concerning LGBTQ and really being a Christian. - I thought of Steven Lett's nieces story immediately.

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
I watched this TED talk today and found it to be something for everyone to think on concerning LGBTQ and really being a Christian. - I thought of Steven Lett's nieces story immediately.

Thank you for this video! I have already shared it.
Okay, here it goes, not trying to be confrontational, genuinely interested in this topic. i think most know on this forum that JW's are very much against homosexuality. Even as I venture out to other Christian sites and preachers many are still anti homosexuality. I am straight so never really paid much attention to this as it did not pertain to me and so I would move on. But now that my goal is to figure out what God wants from me and not just some man made organization I am carefully looking at this. I am struggling. Not being a scientist or doctor or some intellectual. I truly believe LOVE must be the defining mark of a true follower. How can hating someone be love. Then you get into the love the person hate the act. But what if someone is born this way or what about all the hormone in our meat supply and all the chemical on our food supply. These chemicals are shown to effect our health, who is to say it does not effect our sexuality too? If two adults of the same sex are attracted too and love each other and want to be in a committed relationship why must we Christians judge them? Now I believe there is a difference between commitment and lust but that is true for heterosexuals' too. How is a committed homosexual couple worse than the straight male player who juggles women and sleeps around? I would think the straight male is sinning more than the couple. I also believe God knows if we are truly one way or if we are just exploring and lusting. So wouldn't that be the sin if we have uncontrolled passions regardless of our sexual orientation? Is it possible that when Paul (mostly it's him) is condemning same sex it is in regard to worship. The gentiles has temple prostitutes maybe the gentile nations had more same sex as it related to their worship and Paul was telling them that sex is not to be part of worship. I don't know. Ideas? Thoughts? I want to be careful and not swing from the strict tyrannical JW thinking to an anything goes who is God to tell us what to do. Help please!

Reactions: Eyesontheprize

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
Thank you for this video! I have already shared it.
Okay, here it goes, not trying to be confrontational, genuinely interested in this topic. i think most know on this forum that JW's are very much against homosexuality. Even as I venture out to other Christian sites and preachers many are still anti homosexuality. I am straight so never really paid much attention to this as it did not pertain to me and so I would move on. But now that my goal is to figure out what God wants from me and not just some man made organization I am carefully looking at this. I am struggling. Not being a scientist or doctor or some intellectual. I truly believe LOVE must be the defining mark of a true follower. How can hating someone be love. Then you get into the love the person hate the act. But what if someone is born this way or what about all the hormone in our meat supply and all the chemical on our food supply. These chemicals are shown to effect our health, who is to say it does not effect our sexuality too? If two adults of the same sex are attracted too and love each other and want to be in a committed relationship why must we Christians judge them? Now I believe there is a difference between commitment and lust but that is true for heterosexuals' too. How is a committed homosexual couple worse than the straight male player who juggles women and sleeps around? I would think the straight male is sinning more than the couple. I also believe God knows if we are truly one way or if we are just exploring and lusting. So wouldn't that be the sin if we have uncontrolled passions regardless of our sexual orientation? Is it possible that when Paul (mostly it's him) is condemning same sex it is in regard to worship. The gentiles has temple prostitutes maybe the gentile nations had more same sex as it related to their worship and Paul was telling them that sex is not to be part of worship. I don't know. Ideas? Thoughts? I want to be careful and not swing from the strict tyrannical JW thinking to an anything goes who is God to tell us what to do. Help please!
I absolutely have came to the same conclusion that above all the defining quality of a TRUE Christian would be love...nonjudgmental empathy and kindness...I agree how is sex before marriage or being "gay" any worse sin...esp when we can't judge others hearts and intentions. I think about how far we are from "perfection" and all the things like you said that are in our foods and air that cause all kinds of things including addiction, depression, anxiety....I feel like telling a LGBT person just don't be that way is like asking me not to have anxiety...a big thumbs up and sarcastic "great why didn't I think of that" 😏
It's up to God to judge it's our job to follow Jesus example of love to the extent we can offer it.

(I have no one LGBTQ in my current circle that would even make me take on a fight either...but I do have 3 kids and the advice I have always given is to be kind to everyone and as my eyes have opened I see how close minded it is to shun or love anyone less for a way they were born...people in general are suffering enough they don't need anyone outside to pile on)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rosie and Lori Jane