General Angel of Yahweh / Angel of the Lord

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Some have reasoned that “the word” was “the Angel [messenger] of Yahweh” who is found in many Old Testament texts as speaking and working on behalf of the God of Israel and who later became Jesus through the incarnation. But, if this were so, you would not expect any New Testament reference to “the Angel of Yahweh” continuing to work on God’s behalf; yet we do. (See Acts 5:19; 8:26; 12:7, 23; 27:23) Nowhere in Scripture does any writer equate Jesus with this “angel of Yahweh.”

source

benadam1974

Nov 15, 2020
Learn about the Jewish principle known as shaliach from a former trini:

Some modern-day Jews call this “dual causality”:

And Hebrews 1:

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Matthew 8:29 , demons knew Jesus as the son of God. If Jesus was the angel of God why would the demons not call him the angel of God. If the saints are destined to be higher than the angels, Hebrews 1:14 , 1 Corinthians 6:3 , since Jesus is an angel then we will judge Jesus. God never intended angels to inherit all things, they are not heirs, neither the inheritor but rather ministering spirits to those who are the heirs.

believer22

Jan 11, 2024
Thanks for posting your reply Lori Jane.

One topic that has really been on my heart lately is biblically accurate angels.

I want to know the truth about these angels and not give into traditions or unsubstantiated ideas.

My heart is to know what the angels in the Bible are all about and not jump to conclusions.

Angels are truly fascinating to me.

Correct me if I am wrong, but here are a couple instances from the Old Testament of the appearance of the angel of Yahweh / angel of the Lord that I have been taught.

1) One instance of the angel of Yahweh appearing in Scripture is in the story of Hagar, the maidservant of Sarah.

Hagar encounters the angel of the Lord in the wilderness and is comforted and reassured by him.

The angel of Yahweh promises to multiply Hagar's descendants and tells her to return to her mistress.

2. Another noteworthy instance of the angel of Lord is found in the story of Jacob wrestling with an angel.

In this account, Jacob wrestles with a mysterious figure until daybreak.

The angel touches Jacob's hip, causing it to be dislocated, and blesses him, changing his name to Israel.

Jacob then recognizes that he has wrestled with God himself, saying, "I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered."

This encounter reveals the divine nature of the angel of Yahweh.

Reactions: Aristid