Article The Kingdom Gospel

SCAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 8, 2020
This was submitted anonymously...

The Kingdom Gospel

What Lord Messiah and his Holy ones stand for now and into the Millennial Kingdom.

Introduction
Jesus Mission Statement: read Luke 4:16-21 “To preach good news (or the gospel) to the poor, proclaim liberty to the captives, to release the oppressed”.

John the Baptists’ mission statement we find at Luke 3:3-6 “To prepare the way for the Lord and make straight paths for him, every valley shall be filled and every mountain and hill will be made low, the crooked ways shall be made straight and the rough ways smooth.”

In true fashion, both John the Baptist and Jesus are prophets of Yahweh and they derive their authority from God and from the scriptures.

What did the Prophets of Israel stand for? And what does Messiah stand for as King of the Kingdom?

Following is an abridged list of scriptures that show us what it means to be a true prophet of Yahweh, to speak up against injustice of every kind and to actively champion the case of the poor, the vulnerable, the defenseless and to denounce the oppressor, the liar and stand against the bullies of this world. Ho and yes the prophet did also make prophetic utterances, but that is for another paper. Here we are dealing with the social justice warrior according to the Tanakh and the Greek Scriptures. The prophets personify the real human rights champions that will rule the world with Messiah. 1 Corinthians 6:2…”2Do you not know that the saints will judge (rule or manage) the world?”

• Exodus 22:21 You must not exploit or oppress a foreign resident, for you yourselves were foreigners in the land of Egypt.

• Leviticus 19:14,32 Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD…

• Leviticus 25:17 Do not take advantage of one another, but fear your God; for I am the LORD your God.

• Deuteronomy 14:29 Then the Levite (because he has no portion or inheritance among you), the foreigner, the fatherless, and the widow within your gates may come and eat and be satisfied. And the LORD your God will bless you in all the work of your hands.

• Deuteronomy 15:7 If there is a poor man among your brothers within any of the gates in the land that the LORD your God is giving you, you are not to harden your heart or shut your hand from your poor brother.

• Deuteronomy 24:14 Do not oppress a hired hand who is poor and needy, whether he is a brother or a foreigner residing in one of your towns.

• Deuteronomy 24:19 If you are harvesting in your field and forget a sheaf there, do not go back to get it. It is to be left for the foreigner, the fatherless, and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

• Deuteronomy 26:12 When you have finished laying aside a tenth of all of your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you are to give it to the Levite, the foreigner, the fatherless, and the widow, that they may eat and be filled within your gates.

• Job 31:16, If I have denied the desires of the poor or allowed the widow's eyes to fail, if I have eaten my morsel alone, not sharing it with the fatherless--

• Psalm 146:9 The LORD protects the sojourners; He sustains the fatherless and the widow, but the ways of the wicked He frustrates.

• Proverbs 14:31 He who oppresses the poor taunts their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors Him.

• Proverbs 19:17 Kindness to the poor is a loan to the LORD, and He will repay the lender.

• Proverbs 21:3 To do righteousness and justice is more desirable to the LORD than sacrifice.

• Proverbs 22:22 Do not rob a poor man because he is poor, and do not crush the afflicted at the gate,

• Proverbs 28:8 He who increases his wealth by interest and usury lays it up for another, who will be kind to the poor.

• Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do right, seek justice, correct the oppressor, defend the fatherless, plead for the widow."

• Isaiah 1:23 Your rulers are rebels, friends of thieves. They all love bribes and chasing after rewards. They do not defend the fatherless, and the plea of the widow never comes before them.

• Isaiah 2:2-4 2In the last days the mountain of the house of the LORD will be established as the chief of the mountains; it will be raised above the hills, and all nations will stream to it. 3And many peoples will come and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us His ways so that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go forth from Zion, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.…4Then He will judge between the nations and arbitrate for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will no longer take up the sword against nation, nor train anymore for war.

• Isaiah 10:2 to deprive the poor of fair treatment and withhold justice from the oppressed of My people, to make widows their spoil and plunder the fatherless.

• Isaiah 25:8: …7On this mountain He will swallow up the shroud that enfolds all peoples, the sheet that covers all nations; 8He will swallow up death forever. The Lord GOD will wipe away the tears from every face and remove the disgrace of His people from the whole earth. For the LORD has spoken. 9And in that day it will be said, “Surely this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the LORD for whom we have waited. Let us rejoice and be glad in His salvation.”…

• Jeremiah 7:6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

• Job 31:16 If I have denied the desires of the poor or allowed the widow's eyes to fail,

• Job 31:17 if I have eaten my morsel alone, not sharing it with the fatherless--

• Psalm 68:5 A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

• Psalm 146:9 The LORD protects the sojourners; He sustains the fatherless and the widow, but the ways of the wicked He frustrates.

• Isaiah 1:17 Learn to do right, seek justice, correct the oppressor, defend the fatherless, plead for the widow."

• Isaiah 1:23 Your rulers are rebels, friends of thieves. They all love bribes and chasing after rewards. They do not defend the fatherless, and the plea of the widow never comes before them.

• Isaiah 33:15 He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, who refuses gain from extortion, whose hand never takes a bribe, who stops his ears against murderous plots and shuts his eyes tightly against evil 16he will dwell on the heights; the mountain fortress will be his refuge; his food will be provided and his water assured.…

• Isaiah 58:5-7 True Fasts and Sabbaths …5Is this the fast I have chosen, a day for a man to deny himself, to bow his head like a reed, and to spread out sackcloth and ashes? Will you call this a fast and a day acceptable to the LORD? 6Is not the fast I have chosen to break the chains of wickedness, to untie the cords of the yoke, to set the oppressed free, and tear off every yoke? 7Is it not to share your bread with the hungry, to bring the poor and homeless into your home, to clothe the naked when you see him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?…

• Jeremiah 22:3 This is what the LORD says: Administer justice and righteousness. Rescue the victim of robbery from the hand of his oppressor. Do no wrong or violence to the foreigner, the fatherless, or the widow. Do not shed innocent blood in this place.

• Ezekiel 18:4-9 4Behold, every soul belongs to Me; both father and son are Mine. The soul who sins is the one who will die. …5Now suppose a man is righteous and does what is just and right: 6‘He does not eat at the mountain or look to the idols of the house of Israel. He does not defile his neighbor’s wife or approach a woman during her period. 7He does not oppress another, but restores the pledge to the debtor. He does not commit robbery, but gives his bread to the hungry and covers the naked with clothing.…8He does not engage in usury or take excess interest, but he keeps his hand from iniquity and executes TRUE justice between men. 9He follows My statutes and faithfully keeps My ordinances; he is righteous; surely he will live,’ declares the Lord GOD.…

• Ezekiel 33:31 So My people come to you as usual, sit before you, and hear your words; but they do not put them into practice. Although they express love with their mouths, their hearts pursue dishonest gain.

• Amos 5:22 Even though you offer Me burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them; for your peace offerings of fattened cattle, I will have no regard.23Take away from Me the noise of your songs! I will not listen to the music of your harps. 24But let justice roll on like a river, and righteousness like an ever-flowing stream. Micah 6:6-8… WHAT THE KINGDOM STANDS FOR - DAVID GRIOLI 7 6With what shall I come before the LORD when I bow before the God on high? Should I come to Him with burnt offerings, with year-old calves? 7Would the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O mankind, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

• Matthew 10:42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is My disciple, truly I tell you, he will never lose his reward.”

• Matthew 19:20 …20“All these I have kept,” said the young man. “What do I still lack?” 21Jesus told him, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me.” 22When the young man heard this, he went away in sorrow, because he had great wealth.…

• Mark 9:41 Indeed, if anyone gives you even a cup of water because you bear the name of Christ, truly I tell you, he will never lose his reward.

• Luke 12:33 Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide yourselves with purses that will not wear out, an inexhaustible treasure in heaven, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.

• Luke 18:22 On hearing this, Jesus told him, "You still lack one thing: Sell everything you own and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow Me."

• Acts 2:45 Selling their possessions and goods, they shared with anyone who was in need.

• Acts 4:34 There were no needy ones among them, because those who owned lands or houses would sell their property, bring the proceeds from the sales, and lay them at the apostles' feet for distribution to anyone as he had need.

• 1 John 3:17 If anyone with earthly possessions sees his brother in need, but withholds his compassion from him, how can the love of God abide in him?

• 1 John 3:18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.

• Revelation 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away."

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
Good to know I can still understand the gospel to mean The Kingdom.

Galatians 1:6-10

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed.

10 For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant[b] of Christ.

Reactions: Lori Jane