General The Evils of the JW cult

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
Hello all,
Just needed somewhere to vent/process. So my mother in law (74 years old) is suicidal today I guess... From what I understand she has struggled with suicide for years, I don't know when it began but I am willing to bet money it was after she became a JW (was baptized in her mid 20's). Any how my father in law is an elder and he was arguing with her over her suicide plans. How weird is this already. My husband, their son called them and just got frustrated and had to go (he was also at work). So I called but just got a voicemail, sent my father in law a text. Who knows what is happening. I feel so bad for her but I know she thinks it is the one true religion so not much I can say but just be there to listen.

Then at 7 pm tonight a friend who was recently disfellowshipped is going to a treatment group tonight. She is a recovering drug addict who relapsed so they disfellowshipped her so she has been in a downward spiral. I am hoping this group will be her starting point to recovery. But again she thinks it is God's one true religion, she is just worthless and wants to get back but has so much self hatred she keeps using. What a mess.

I am truly appreciative of this forum and all of the ExJW support channels and groups that have gotten me to where I am so that I can be in a good place to help those around me. Thank you all!

Eyesontheprize

Bible Challenge
Oct 17, 2020
So sorry about your MIL and your friend. I think any of us who were around JW for a good portion of our lives knows of a suicide and also of extremely depressed ones that are either still in or have left and spun into addiction. It's so so sad to hear. And super hard to know how to help them when they might not hear any logic against the cult. Prayers for your situation. 🙏🏼💞

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
So sorry about your MIL and your friend. I think any of us who were around JW for a good portion of our lives knows of a suicide and also of extremely depressed ones that are either still in or have left and spun into addiction. It's so so sad to hear. And super hard to know how to help them when they might not hear any logic against the cult. Prayers for your situation. 🙏🏼💞
Thank you. My husband was able to talk to his mom last night. She is so lost. And I feel bad for my husband because no child (no matter how old) should have to shoulder the burdens of the mental health of their parents. He is not a counselor. I called my friend to pray with her before her meeting but just got a voicemail, she texted me and thanked me so here is hoping it will help her. I guess all I can do is pray. Thank you for your support.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
Wow Rosie - this is some heavy stuff! I'm a recovered alcoholic so if your friend wants a friendly ear please have them reach out to me - you have my number <g>
OH SNAP! Sorry about that Modelo pic awhile back Lori. I didn't know.

Reactions: Lori Jane

Tsarina Andadora

Bible Challenge
Oct 3, 2020
Earth
I think any of us who were around JW for a good portion of our lives knows of a suicide and also of extremely depressed ones that are either still in or have left and spun into addiction.
I can count at least four suicides from the circuit I grew up in over a span of maybe ten years. I struggled with that type of thinking in the borg. It has been so odd at times, to have something happen, and acknowledge in the past I would have wanted to harm myself, and I don't have the desire. The borg is truly a demonic place and I pray for people to get out of it!

Rosie

Bible Challenge
Oct 7, 2020
I can count at least four suicides from the circuit I grew up in over a span of maybe ten years. I struggled with that type of thinking in the borg. It has been so odd at times, to have something happen, and acknowledge in the past I would have wanted to harm myself, and I don't have the desire. The borg is truly a demonic place and I pray for people to get out of it!
Agreed. Glad you made it out.