Testimony My JW Experience; After Years, & Where I am Today!

Glop65

Jan 13, 2021
Montana
In one full swoop I learned my parents were getting divorced, my father was having an affair with my Best friends mother who live diagonally across the street from me and that I was not only going to have to wear a dress 3 or more times per week and have an at home bible study.
That week I also learned that I would remain seated when the rest of my class stood to salute the flag and NO MORE CHRISTMAS. It was the fall of 1974, I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. I was mad that on top of school I had to go to 3 meetings per week, extra studying, mortified over the thought of knocking on peoples doors and one of my friends seeing me, and embarrassed and lets not forget devastated over the fact that I would no longer be celebrating holidays. My mothers sister who hardly bother with us, drove 90 miles an hour to our house after my mother called her crying that she filed for divorce because my dad was having an affair. She came through the door with her NWT Bible and literally thumped it on my mothers kitchen table.

My first study was in the Pink Book, you guessed it The Great Teacher. I questioned everything, said things like I don't believe that, nope not believe it, you can believe it if you want, but not me. The following week, Mary, the Sister I study with brought along a brother. It did not work, and over the next few years I did everything in my power to get out of going to meetings. I was very close to my paternal grandmother and I'd call her every Thursday after the meeting and practically threaten to kill myself if she didn't pick me up at School on Friday and let me stay for the weekend. My grandmother came every Friday. I also played sick a lot. The truth was I was very depressed. I cried often, had headaches and was just so unhappy as a young child.

A year and a half into attending meeting my mother 28, got baptized at the weekend assembly in Natick, Massachusetts. My eldest brother who was just 13 teen was also baptized. My brother was very competitive, a mister know it all, and quite full of himself so, it was like a competition with himself to see how many service hours he could get.

Side Note: My mother and father got pregnant at 14 teen, got married and right after they turned 15 had my eldest brother. They had 3 children by the time they were 20.

Over the next few years we were systematically brainwashed and trained to regurgitate the same phrases again and again. The phrases where why JWorg never resonated in my heart. And, as time passed there would be other reasons.

My mother started dating a JW brother. My mother was 30 and he was 19 teen. Yes you read that right. My eldest brother was 14, I was 12, and my younger brother was 8. My mother and the brother married the fall of 1977. They spent the weekend at a local hotel for their honeymoon. My mother and her new husband returned home and began moving her new husband stuff (3 boxes) into our house. That night my mothers husband stepped just over the threshold of my bedroom door, bend down and said "I married your mother for you". He would later attempt to molested me on 3 different occasions. I refused to live in the same house with him, and demanded to go live with my father, but instead they sent me to live with my JW Aunt, no surprise......lol My mothers husband disfellowshipped a whole six months and reinstated as if nothing ever happened. As you all know no one was privy to why he was disfellowshipped. Yep, the KH had a pedophile amongst them and the Org kept it secret. I was not baptized so they never asked to speak to me. My Aunt donated a lot of money so to make her happy they disfellowshipped him.

My mom begged me to come home the summer of 1979, so I reluctantly returned, I was 14.10 months old and getting ready for High School. I agree to come back on a trial basis and agreed to weekend visit. The first weekend home, my mother went out, and her 6ft. 4" JW husband kicked in my door, screaming "where is your mother" destroyed my room, physically assaulted me with a bed post that had a screw in the bottom end, tore off my top, slammed me to the floor and tried to force himself on me. I don't know how, adrenal I suppose, I was able to roll out from underneath him, and started running, when I looked back he had a knife, he got me in the knee and leg and the neighbor who live on the first floor grab me and pulled me into his house. We live in a 3 family house. The landlord who was home and knew what happened, an Elder, so the 1st floor tenant never called the police. I called d my grandmother who nursed me back to health and I remained living with her.

My Mother did finally get divorced and her XJW husband remarried and abused his step-daughter. I know this because his wife called me and said she suspected that he did something because her daughter was sleeping with her bathrobe over her PJ's, cried to have the door open, and was locking the bathroom door. I confirmed for her that he was a pedophile, and to trust her intuition.

I also learned of several other girls who were sexual abused, including being raped by JW step-fathers. One of them was my sister-in-law.

My eldest brother got married to a young JW sister, they had 4 children in a row. August 31, August 9, August 19 and August 22nd. One of them son's needed a blood transfusion, they refused, the hospital got a court order but by the time they got it my nephew was sepsis and died. Long story short my brother left the JW org. I honestly do not know if he was ever disfellowship. My brother remarried, went to college, became a sped teacher, then got his masters, and today he's a Dean at a private school. He also ran for the 49th Senate Seat. LOL

My younger brother, was running wild during his teens, drinking, gambling and girls. He tried to buckle down after high school and began attending college, earned his associates in Criminal Justice. During this time his best friend was killed in a car crash, and his met Karen the girl he would later marry. My brother was so upset about his friend dying that he went over to my JW Aunts house and he and his girlfriend agreed to a bible study. Today, my brother is an elder, his wife a publisher, they have five children. His eldest son is married to a JW sister.
My sister-in-law has chose to never associate with me, my brother has only ever called me if one of our parents or a family member was ill. It has been a little over a year since I last heard from him with the exception of a "Letter". I skimmed it and then tore it up and threw it away.

Over the years if I have got a knock on the door, I stop them in their tracks by saying let me tell you what I believe about Jesus, and let me tell you what I believe about the JW org. I do not allow them to start unpacking their systematic mumbo jumbo. If they blatantly want to show up at my door, they will get a dose of their the same from me. I do not welcome them into my house. Why? They have Assaulted the deity of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

They believe the Kingdom of God is their Group and if you are not in the group ..........they believe you are as good as dead. You are bad association and or Shunned. All cults are exclusive, believe they are the only true religion, they do not intermingle and what they believe is a satanic counterfeit.

One would think that Just knowing that the organization has protected pedophile's and revictimized victims ..every single person should walk away from the JW org. Do you agree? Well again, this isn't happening as much as one would think it should be happening because they are Brainwashed and Fear losing their family which includes friends.

Jesus said to love one another, to forgive and pray for our enemies. Grace through faith in Jesus Christ who is the Light of the this world! I'm free, I do not question JW as truth, I don't question what is going on in the world because I know Jesus is the way, truth and life...........John 14:6.

Last edited:

London

Bible Challenge
Oct 13, 2020
I do agree that "knowing the organization has protected pedophile's and revictimized victims...every single person should walk away from the JW" I was reminded recently the power each of us individually have to be kind and show love. It truly can be lifesaving. Love lightens our load. Hate adds heavy burdens. Play on words...Love = Light Hate = Heavy

Matthew 5:13-15 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its savor, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a basket. Instead, they set it on a stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house.…"

Light like Jesus states here "gives light to everyone in the house". It helps everyone see each other and their surroundings clearly. How can I be a part of a religion that requires me to ignore, shun, treat as dead individuals who actually need the opposite treatment? And do this without knowing why I am required to treat them this way? Not that I ever want to treat ANYONE that way! Jesus didn't ignore Satan in Matthew 4 did he? Maybe Satan wasn't disfellowshipped or disassociated at the time...but then I'm sure Satan wasn't at EVERY meeting in heaven! How can I allow the leaders GB to keep me in the dark on so many important aspects of life? Can any of us navigate our path in complete darkness? No wonder so many JW have suffered and continue to suffer. A blind man will lead a blind man into a pit. Why follow a blind man when you can follow the 'light' Jesus? The org is the opposite of love!! It is the opposite of what Jesus taught as the Light of the world. It's crazy that many of us couldn't see this before, but then we were kept in the dark.

Thank you for sharing. Your story although contains a lot of pain, even between the lines, was encouraging! Last night I read it while making dinner and was about to click the 'like' button...lol but then I stopped and thought, "I don't like the way she was treated and is still being treated!" So I waited until I could have time to write a proper response. Thank you Ms Glop and praying for you. We all need it don't we? Prayers that is..and love.

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Play on words...Love = Light Hate = Heavy
Love this!

How can I be a part of a religion that requires me to ignore, shun, treat as dead individuals who actually need the opposite treatment? And do this without knowing why I am required to treat them this way?
So true!
A blind man will lead a blind man into a pit. Why follow a blind man when you can follow the 'light' Jesus? The org is the opposite of love!! It is the opposite of what Jesus taught as the Light of the world. It's crazy that many of us couldn't see this before, but then we were kept in the dark.
Amen!

Reactions: Diana S

Diana S

Facilitator
Staff member
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 15, 2021
The Netherlands
In one full swoop I learned my parents were getting divorced, my father was having an affair with my Best friends mother who live diagonally across the street from me and that I was not only going to have to wear a dress 3 or more times per week and have an at home bible study.
That week I also learned that I would remain seated when the rest of my class stood to salute the flag and NO MORE CHRISTMAS. It was the fall of 1974, I was 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. I was mad that on top of school I had to go to 3 meetings per week, extra studying, mortified over the thought of knocking on peoples doors and one of my friends seeing me, and embarrassed and lets not forget devastated over the fact that I would no longer be celebrating holidays. My mothers sister who hardly bother with us, drove 90 miles an hour to our house after my mother called her crying that she filed for divorce because my dad was having an affair. She came through the door with her NWT Bible and literally thumped it on my mothers kitchen table.

My first study was in the Pink Book, you guessed it The Great Teacher. I questioned everything, said things like I don't believe that, nope not believe it, you can believe it if you want, but not me. The following week, Mary, the Sister I study with brought along a brother. It did not work, and over the next few years I did everything in my power to get out of going to meetings. I was very close to my paternal grandmother and I'd call her every Thursday after the meeting and practically threaten to kill myself if she didn't pick me up at School on Friday and let me stay for the weekend. My grandmother came every Friday. I also played sick a lot. The truth was I was very depressed. I cried often, had headaches and was just so unhappy as a young child.

A year and a half into attending meeting my mother 28, got baptized at the weekend assembly in Natick, Massachusetts. My eldest brother who was just 13 teen was also baptized. My brother was very competitive, a mister know it all, and quite full of himself so, it was like a competition with himself to see how many service hours he could get.

Side Note: My mother and father got pregnant at 14 teen, got married and right after they turned 15 had my eldest brother. They had 3 children by the time they were 20.

Over the next few years we were systematically brainwashed and trained to regurgitate the same phrases again and again. The phrases where why JWorg never resonated in my heart. And, as time passed there would be other reasons.

My mother started dating a JW brother. My mother was 30 and he was 19 teen. Yes you read that right. My eldest brother was 14, I was 12, and my younger brother was 8. My mother and the brother married the fall of 1977. They spent the weekend at a local hotel for their honeymoon. My mother and her new husband returned home and began moving her new husband stuff (3 boxes) into our house. That night my mothers husband stepped just over the threshold of my bedroom door, bend down and said "I married your mother for you". He would later attempt to molested me on 3 different occasions. I refused to live in the same house with him, and demanded to go live with my father, but instead they sent me to live with my JW Aunt, no surprise......lol My mothers husband disfellowshipped a whole six months and reinstated as if nothing ever happened. As you all know no one was privy to why he was disfellowshipped. Yep, the KH had a pedophile amongst them and the Org kept it secret. I was not baptized so they never asked to speak to me. My Aunt donated a lot of money so to make her happy they disfellowshipped him.

My mom begged me to come home the summer of 1979, so I reluctantly returned, I was 14.10 months old and getting ready for High School. I agree to come back on a trial basis and agreed to weekend visit. The first weekend home, my mother went out, and her 6ft. 4" JW husband kicked in my door, screaming "where is your mother" destroyed my room, physically assaulted me with a bed post that had a screw in the bottom end, tore off my top, slammed me to the floor and tried to force himself on me. I don't know how, adrenal I suppose, I was able to roll out from underneath him, and started running, when I looked back he had a knife, he got me in the knee and leg and the neighbor who live on the first floor grab me and pulled me into his house. We live in a 3 family house. The landlord who was home and knew what happened, an Elder, so the 1st floor tenant never called the police. I called d my grandmother who nursed me back to health and I remained living with her.

My Mother did finally get divorced and her XJW husband remarried and abused his step-daughter. I know this because his wife called me and said she suspected that he did something because her daughter was sleeping with her bathrobe over her PJ's, cried to have the door open, and was locking the bathroom door. I confirmed for her that he was a pedophile, and to trust her intuition.

I also learned of several other girls who were sexual abused, including being raped by JW step-fathers. One of them was my sister-in-law.

My eldest brother got married to a young JW sister, they had 4 children in a row. August 31, August 9, August 19 and August 22nd. One of them son's needed a blood transfusion, they refused, the hospital got a court order but by the time they got it my nephew was sepsis and died. Long story short my brother left the JW org. I honestly do not know if he was ever disfellowship. My brother remarried, went to college, became a sped teacher, then got his masters, and today he's a Dean at a private school. He also ran for the 49th Senate Seat. LOL

My younger brother, was running wild during his teens, drinking, gambling and girls. He tried to buckle down after high school and began attending college, earned his associates in Criminal Justice. During this time his best friend was killed in a car crash, and his met Karen the girl he would later marry. My brother was so upset about his friend dying that he went over to my JW Aunts house and he and his girlfriend agreed to a bible study. Today, my brother is an elder, his wife a publisher, they have five children. His eldest son is married to a JW sister.
My sister-in-law has chose to never associate with me, my brother has only ever called me if one of our parents or a family member was ill. It has been a little over a year since I last heard from him with the exception of a "Letter". I skimmed it and then tore it up and threw it away.

Over the years if I have got a knock on the door, I stop them in their tracks by saying let me tell you what I believe about Jesus, and let me tell you what I believe about the JW org. I do not allow them to start unpacking their systematic mumbo jumbo. If they blatantly want to show up at my door, they will get a dose of their the same from me. I do not welcome them into my house. Why? They have Assaulted the deity of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

They believe the Kingdom of God is their Group and if you are not in the group ..........they believe you are as good as dead. You are bad association and or Shunned. All cults are exclusive, believe they are the only true religion, they do not intermingle and what they believe is a satanic counterfeit.

One would think that Just knowing that the organization has protected pedophile's and revictimized victims ..every single person should walk away from the JW org. Do you agree? Well again, this isn't happening as much as one would think it should be happening because they are Brainwashed and Fear losing their family which includes friends.

Jesus said to love one another, to forgive and pray for our enemies. Grace through faith in Jesus Christ who is the Light of the this world! I'm free, I do not question JW as truth, I don't question what is going on in the world because I know Jesus is the way, truth and life...........John 14:6.

Hello Glop65. I'm so sorry for what has happened to, but so glad and thankfull you're out of that evil cult. With warm christian love, your sister Diana from Holland

Reactions: Lori Jane

deebibliophile

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 12, 2020
I am sorry to hear that you have endured such a horrific and a traumatic experience. I hope you are healing or have been able to heal.

• Love
Reactions: Diana S