General How the Holy Spirit Leads and Teaches Gods People

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
Jesus said that we, the saints, must Ask, Seek and Knock; ASK. Matthew 7:7-8. The truth of God is not conveniently all in one nice package. It is scattered through scripture from Genesis to Revelation. Isaiah 28:10-13. With the Helper, the Holy Spirit , we can dig in the spiritual gold mine of scripture to find the nuggets of truth. Jesus said the word of God cannot be broken, cannot have contradictions, but only truth. The Holy Spirit will help us put the nuggets together to arrive at the truth. I will give an example of this in my own experience.

When I hear someone make a claim about the truth and that claim is false, I hear a voice in my mind saying, that is not true. When I heard the teaching that the saints would be raised from the dead in a body of glorified flesh, the voice in my mind said, that is not true. Have you ever heard the voice? John 10:27 Ephesians 4:20-21. This is not an audible voice, it’s in your human spirit that is joined to the Lord. 1 Corinthians 6:17. So then what kind of body will the saints have in the resurrection? 1 Corinthians 15:44, 1 Corinthians 15:49. These verses seem to show that our bodies will be composed of spirit. John 3:6-8. Jesus defines flesh and spirit and even gives an example what spirit is like. 1 Corinthians 15:50. The flesh perishes and will not inherit imperishable, this is what it says. 2 Corinthians 5:1. So then, when we put these scriptures together what are they saying? They say that we will have 100% spirit composed bodies in the resurrection. How then do some say we will be glorified flesh? They error in thinking Jesus was raised from the dead in his glorified body; Then assume we also will be glorified flesh as they claim Jesus was. John 7:39 plainly states that the Holy Spirit could not be given UNTIL Jesus was glorified. John 16:7. Jesus plainly states that he had to GO AWAY or BE GLORIFIED else the Spirit would not come. Put the scriptures together, Jesus had to go away, ascend in order to send the Spirit; this shows he was not glorified. Add to this the fact that The Apostle John was an eyewitness of the resurrection of Jesus but yet in 1 John 3:2 he states, it does not yet appear what we shall be. This comment from John proves that John did not see a glorified Jesus. Jesus had to be raised from the dead in the exact same body he was murdered in so as to prove that a man died and a man lived again. It is also important to know that the resurrection of Jesus sealed the two resurrections scripture teaches. The resurrection to pure flesh by Jesus sealed the second resurrection and his ascension sealed the first resurrection. If Jesus was not resurrected then no one else would be either . You can see from this example how we ask, seek and knock and rely on the Holy Spirit to put scripture together in truth. In Revelation 22:8-9 is a very interesting comment made by a being John thought was an angel. What this being said is fascinating, I am your fellow servant and of your brethren the prophets and of those who keep the words of this book. This being was not an angel, no angel was ever a prophet or a fellow servant that keeps the words of the book. This may be difficult to grasp but John was in the future in vision, at a future time. In addition Revelation 19:10 agrees with 22:8-9 With the being saying , fellow servant, of your brethren, having the testimony of Jesus. Angels do not receive salvation and are not brothers of human prophets and the testimony of Jesus is for humans not angels. John in Revelation 1:14-15. John describes what the glorified Jesus looks like and it is nothing like what the gospels show after his resurrection. Jesus did many miraculous things before his death so it is no great thing that he could do the same after his resurrection. It is my hope that what I have shared with you will be of some help, that you are enabled by the Spirit of God to know the truth and be free. John 8:32

Last edited:

Kaironaut

Feb 14, 2023
Texas
Speaking of the glorified body, it literally glows like white-hot metal, and seems to be prefigured by Moses, when his glow/shine scared the hell out the Israelites when he came down the mountain. Exodus 34:29-30. 29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the Lord. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.

Kaironaut

Feb 14, 2023
Texas
By the way, how do enable the Biblical reference as blue links that open a dialogue box containing the scripture itself?

LeeB

Dec 3, 2022
I did not need to do anything. It seem to work automatically. By the the way are you anywhere near the border ?