General 3 Days and 3 Nights

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
Thanks for posting these Lori. The Wednesday crucifixion of Jesus is not some crazed idea. It's a possibility.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
That's right, there are additional sabbaths that do not fall at Friday Sunset to Saturday Sunset.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
I just skimmed it. I will look at it more closely later and check the verses. I did like this statement the author made at the end, "It is fine to hold a personal view, but unwise to become dogmatic about it.'"

- That's what I've been trying to get across to others. It's cool if one believes Jesus was crucified on a Friday or Wednesday. There are some that believe he was crucified on a Thursday, which I haven't looked into yet. Believing that Jesus the human being actually died, (not only the Jew man suit of flesh died while "God the Son" was just kicking back and relaxing), is a true belief of faith. Proclaiming that one must believe Jesus died on a Friday, while other rational possibilities do exist, seems to be unwise in my estimation.

• Love
Reactions: Tsarina Andadora

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
Cool, I will check it out. I'm grateful our risen lord Jesus taught Paul, in order that we would be made aware of wonderful guidance like in Romans 14:5-

One person regards one day (Good Friday) above another (Wednesday or Thursday Crucifixion), another regards every day alike. 👉Each person👈 must be fully convinced 👉in his own mind.👈

Or

One person regards one day (Thursday Crucifixion) above another (Good Friday), another regards every day alike. 👉Each person👈 must be fully convinced 👉in his own mind.👈

Etc.

You get the picture. A Monday, Tuesday, Saturday or Sunday crucifixion are all not possible, which most will agree.

Allowing for alternate possibilities concerning scripture, and mainly asking God for help, allowed for me to escape trinity world. Now that I have liberty in Christ, I cannot go back to strict dogmatism when there are variants that exist in the manuscripts, corruptions by men, alternate interpretations, etc.

There are doctrines that must be strict, such as the Shema, Jesus completely died and did not have an immortal soul (he was given immortality from God the Father), you shall not covet, repent & be baptized (which nullifies any concept of infant baptism), etc.

Good Friday is not strict doctrine.

Bvenski

Nov 24, 2020
I read the 2 Wed crucifixion articles on my break. I started the Thursday article but have to finish it later. The Good Friday belief runs into trouble because a day, biblically, starts when the sun goes down, not at midnight.

God called the light day, and the darkness He called night. And there was evening and there was morning, one day. Gen 1:5

for just as Jonah was three (light/morning) days and three (darkness/evening) nights in the belly of the sea monster, so will the Son of Man be three (light/morning) days and three (darkness/evening) nights in the heart of the earth. Matt 12:40

Basically, for me, Good Friday just falls apart right here. Passover, The First Day of Unleavened Bread being a high Sabbath, the weekly Sabbath, then First Fruits, time wise, just obliterates the notion of Good Friday, especially in 31 AD.

But hey, I and others could be wrong. Its all good. Liberty in Christ = I am not condemned to be cast into the lake of fire for not knowing exactly when Jesus was crucified.

If it was super duper important to know the exact day of his crucifixion, it would have been clearly stated. There are more important things to know about Christ, like he is our brother and not the God.

Reactions: Lori Jane

Ray Faircloth

Buddy
Buddy
Oct 16, 2020
England
www.rayfaircloth.com
Please find attached my papers showing that Jesus died late on a Friday (Preparation) and rose early on a Sunday (First day of the week) and so was not in the tomb for 72 hours.

Blessings and love in Christ.

Ray

Attachments

• 31. Times of Jesus' Death and Resurrection.pdf
    372.3 KB · Views: 7

DeannaSnelling

Oct 25, 2020
Here's a good one for the Thursday camp - they include the incarceration on Thursday as part of being in the "belly of the fish" - the whole in incident started with his incarceration - which makes crucifixion on Friday and Resurrection on Sunday. And better supports the "three days and nights". Interesting.

I just read this and found it very interesting. Not the first time I heard it...heard it recently elsewhere. I think it has a lot of validity to it and makes a lot of sense. He lost me when he said Jesus was the Creator, but otherwise a very good article.

Reactions: Lori Jane

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
Youtube videos from Priscilla regarding a Wednesday crucifixion

Youtube.com/watch?v= VAm1B-cV0&t=1566s

Youtube.com/watch?v==eJLA4FLKx0E&t=725s Was Jesus Crucified on a Friday

Youtube.com/watch?v=97znBZwYu0Y&t=1507s

Youtube.com/watch?v=4qK7amJ4uY Beyond Today

Youtube.com/watch?v=dxCldpOv8cQ&t=115s

Shelley

Buddy
Bible Challenge
Oct 22, 2020
Canada
I'm like every one else who feels its not a huge salvation deciding issue. I think you explained it best Bevenski about what things really matter, loved that. But IMHO you can't get three darkness's from the Friday crucifixion no matter what mental gymnastics you employ. Jesus was clear about the only sign he gave the Pharisees and proof he would die and be resurrected in Matt 28:10. Its not an idiom IMHO so I don't disregard it for its meaning.

Lori Jane

Administrator
Buddy
Bible Challenge
Sep 18, 2020
Central Florida USA
simplychristian.faith
From Priscilla

Hello Lori, Attached is a great video concerning the death and resurrection of Jesus, although I searched and considered others, this one is my favorite and seems very explanatory. inclusive.

God bless, and have a great day.